Monday, September 8, 2008

101 Way to Cook Hamburger/The Fourth State of Matter

101 Ways to Cook Hamburger was a relly good story I think because it showed how someone was truly trying to defeat something within themselves that they truly couldn't control. It was completely unexpected to read that the girl thought he was gay, and it ended up that he was. thinking of a situation when someone is kind of unsure of something such as that, but then they find out that they like their best friend, it is a debate if you should say something to them or not. It seems like that would be a tough situation to have to deal with- fighting with ever telling them or not. When he asked his mother what a fag was, I think she had some inclination that people may think her son way gay but never figured anyone would call him a fag. So when he asked I think it took her by surprise and she was more concerned with having her son go through that bullying. After seeing how hurt she truly was is what I think made him want to change himeself so much more. But certain comments on description of a male teacher just shows how no matter what he can't help his attraction or hgiher intrest that he has for males.

The Fourth State of Matter I felt was very random. Jo Ann lead a very sad life I thought and was a complete people pleaser. I didn't like it because I felt she was a character that was compeltely walked over by everyone including the squirrels in the upstairs of her own house! But I hated how her husband treated her and how she just excepted it, and still in a way expected him to call her. I wish they made her more of an independent character that was in control of her life. And I really didn't like how she lost the only person that she truly loved. Loosing Chris took so much more away from her life, loosing her dog and then marrying Chris would have been so much better. But something even worse and more sad to read would be her life now after Chris and how she goes on knowing that her husband doens't love her, and her best friend just died.

No comments: