Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Understanding Comics- Chapters 1-4

In these four chapters it was over all a pretty easy read. I felt that the author broke down a lot of things, like how people look at objects and relate most of them to human faces. I thought that was very interesting because I do that a lot without even noticing it.
But I also agree a lot with what the class was saying today about how it can get slow and confusing sometimes. I definitely lost interest a lot during the four chapters, but then he would find a way to make it interesting again by an explination.
I also found this not difficult so much but more different because I'm not a big comic reader, and following the flow of writing wheather it had been up and down to more side to side was hard for me personally to follow. But Overall it described a lot of things in a different way that I really liked. For example, how he was explaining how when using simple words can work to your advantage so much more because it describes the picture a lot easier. Where as if you use large words, the pictures will have to be so much more desrciptive.
Also with this book I found that I was simply trying to get through it, more ignoring the pictures all together and just reading all on the text.

No comments: